Results as of 13/08/17
Northern Premier League Table
Southern Premier League Table
Carlisle A beat Furness Golf Club.
An eliminating match between Penrith A and Appleby will be played at Windermere G.C on Saturday 5th May with the first Tee being played at 2.30 pm Approx.
Scratch League Rules 2018
1. There shall be 4 leagues in the Cumbria Scratch League. North Premier, South Premier, North and West.
2. Entry fee will be £65 per team and is reviewed annually. All fees to be paid to CUGC’s before the start of the league matches.
3. Teams shall consist of 6 Players (usually the 6 lowest handicappers) Players shall play in strict handicap order, but, where players have the same handicap, a team captain shall have discretion to play those players in the order of his choosing. Team Captains/ Managers shall submit a team sheet before play begins.
4. ALL players MUST have an active (competitive) handicap. Any Player found to have an inactive handicap will be disqualified from that match and points awarded to the opposing team. The lowest 6 handicap players at the 1st January each year will only be eligible for “A” team. Once any other player has played 5 times for the “A” team they will NOT be eligible to play for the “B” team.
5. All matches MUST be played as per the fixture list. Teams will only be allowed to re-arrange and replay matches which were cancelled due to weather. No matches should be played on a Friday or Monday if a County match is to be played on the Saturday or Sunday and a team player is in the County Squad for that Match.
6. If a course starts to become unplayable AFTER a match has started, a result can be recorded if; the last game has reached the tenth tee or better the result of matches shall be gained from when the matches stopped. If the last match can’t finish the ninth hole the match shall become VOID. Fixture Lists have made allowances for void matches, Team Managers must use Catch up weeks for this scenario.
7. If an away team fails to show for a fixture, WITHOUT prior warning to the home club, that club may be eligible for any reasonable expense incurred by the home club.
8. The scoring system will be (a) A game win whether at home OR away = 2 points. (b) A draw =1 point (c) A loss = 0 points. Individual scores MUST still be recorded.
9. NO allowance shall be made to any club that cannot field a team. If first choice team not eligible then juniors or higher handicappers should be used.
10. The home club shall provide all team players and manager/ captain with at least a one course meal. All other officials MUST offer payment for booked meals.
11. The Winners of the North Premier and South Premier Leagues shall play a Matchplay scenario to find the Scratch League Champions of Cumbria. Format for the final shall be that which was used at Silloth in 2012. Winners of North and West leagues shall play each other at the same venue to find a winner who will then be promoted to the North Premier, the team relegated from the North Premier shall fall into which ever league is geographically suited to that team. Scratch League Secretary shall decide.
12. Match Results MUST be forwarded to the Scratch League Secretary via text or mobile on 07850 596762 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. All results and league positions will be available by the week end of matches played. Results will be open to scrutiny.